Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boing boing bags

I really really want a quilted bag right now [said that in my extra whiny voice].

Quilted reminds me of old armchairs from the professor's house from the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe production set, of armchairs in Starbucks on a cold rainy day, and, of the Godfather's armchair.

And fashion-wise, you can't get more vintage than quilted when it comes to bags, I feel. They add a dash of much-needed cute ah-mah seriousness to any outfit you're wearing.

Current favourites:

Smythson's Nancy. From an attas British stationery shop. So dressy, and I love how there're no logos on the bag. Look at the oversized buckle. The bag just looks unbelievably well made. Soft calf skin leather. Super Granny chic. I can carry this until I'm 85.

Chanel's 2.55. The original. But I refuse to pay so much for the bag. It's a crime. Delicate Lambskin

Balenciaga's Matelasse. Love the sponginess. This is my favourite. It manages to look a little modern too. Made of scrumptious hardy goatskin.

2 comments:

Beeszlee said...

Nancy! If I were you I'll get a Nancy and get one for me.

Jane Doe said...

LOL! So cute hor?