Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sleep debt

Sleep has never felt so good.

I have gathered that on average I need 8 hours of sleep. So by Friday night, I owed a sleep debt to my body to the tune of 9 hours, due to stubborn staying up despite knowing that I have to wake up by 7 in the morning.

And paying off a debt had never felt so good. I was so tired that on Saturday, I woke up at 2pm. I got out of the house for a quick lunch and viewing of a peranakan house at Joo Chiat. Got back to the house and watched Persepolis. The book was much better. And slept for another 2 hours.

Now I'm going out to meet friends visiting Singapore. Looking forward to sleeping again tonight.
Perhaps tomorrow I can squeeze in some exercise. Bliss.

3 comments:

fong said...

The key to not feeling shitty when you wake up early is very simple: Go to bed early.

Sam keeps us on track getting to bed by 9 p.m. so that we can wake up by 5:30 a.m. (He by 5!)

I looooove my 8-9 hours of sleep a day.

fong said...

How did your first week of work go otherwise?

Jane Doe said...

I can't stop myself! I feel like i'm missing something when I sleep early. Well, I'll try and let u know by end of this coming week if I succeed.
Have a good week ahead!