Sunday, July 27, 2008

Australian humor on a Friday night.

Karen and I went for the Melbourne International Comedy road show yesterday night at Robertson Quay (Repertory Theatre). Enjoyable.

There were probably five Singaporeans in the audience. There were alot lot of Australians. It was like when we went to Hokkaido Niseko, Japan and we were surrounded by Australians. So very briefly, yesterday night, I felt like I was in Japan.

The jokes were fast and furious, some low-brow, some in music form. The third standup comedian wore tight skinny jeans. A friend informed that it's a common Melbourne guy trait: skinny jeans with checkered long sleeve shirt. I haven't been to Melbourne but I think it'll be strange to be surrounded by a lot of guys in such apparel combination. Just a tad surreal.

We had Japanese food before and after the show, and played ketchup on our respective career developments.

No comments: