Wednesday, July 16, 2008

my poor feet

My feet ache real bad. I've been on my feet continuously from one in the afternoon till about six. There was a media launch and I was part of it, and it ended well, 5% to my credit. Whew. My first media event. Not looking forward to anymore anytime soon. TIRING Lah. One in every six years sounds right. Kudos to friends who are from the PR industry. You must be mad to be in it. Give me detailed pedantic financial investigations any time. My feet still ache. I hope any photos with me in it show my sharp black heels that I tortured my feet into. And I left my car at the work place because I was too lazy to go back for it from the city, was a little fuzzy from wine, and not blissfully happy as there was no cute door gift for me when I left the event (we ran out of them).

My bosses don't really recognize me, as in the ultimate big boss and one of his deputies. One of them almost gave me his namecard and introduce himself to me (he thought I was one of the guests at the launch), as for the other, I went up to him and just told him I was from his side and shook his hand (because I needed to pass him some info). Low profile is good.

Hmm what I like about my new work place... includes... the magic hot drink machine at the pantry. It makes cappuccino, mocha coffee, Teh Tarik, Milo and Kopi, Kopi-C. I just bought a really big mug so that I can drink refill alot at one go. Strangely, the other drink option would be rose syrup water. There's a stray bottle of it in the pantry and I've been having a little everyday. I like some other stuff from my new work place, but too bone-tired to continue. Another blog, soon.

Oh, and I have a NEW gorgy bag!!!

3 comments:

fong said...

Congratulations on your first media event going well! I don't know why you said in your e-mail you're bad at such things. It seems to me you're perfectly good at things that require socialization and organization.

Perhaps instead of buying a new bag, you should buy flats or low pumps so your feet won't hurt anymore!

Redheels said...

Thanks!

The new bag is very important for my mental health. Shoes... yes I'm thinking of getting shoes but they would be high heels as well. I have soft ballet flats at the office too.

fong said...

Shouldn't your shoes be the opposite -- keep the high heels at the office so you can wear when you're at the desk, and then wear your ballet flats to and from work.