Wednesday, June 25, 2008

little bits here and there

I'm signing up for a 10km Nike run, which takes place on August 31, but as I do not run well, I will be walking instead. Hope I don't turn up last. Nowadays, you can't rely on the old folks to take the last positions. They are extremely fit, and would probably win the run instead. I hope the tshirt that Nike's giving out is pretty and not some gaudy blue colour crap.

And yeeek! A friend called me an Ah Lian Accountant! I didn't even know how to respond to that.
Let me put it on record here that I'm NOT an Accountant. I'm not certified. I don't even have a major in Accounting. I just have a better understanding of accounting compared to the average person. As for the Ah Lian comment, aiyah, I don't think I'm one, but that's a matter of opinion.

I'm going out to the Frankel Avenue coffee shop for lunch today, it's a very important lunch trip.
Recently, I notice the Won ton noodle store has very irregualr closing hours. The store used to stay open until 2:30pm, but recently the lady boss closed the store pretty early. I'm quite worried she will ultimately close her store due to family emergency or other problems. Her store is very very important to me. That's where I had out of the world delicious won tons for the past eight years. Her soup is fantastic, no MSG, the won tons are slurpy sweet and smmoth. I spied her using ikan bilis to make the soup stock. Her prices are also very very reasonable, I even asked her to raise her prices so that she can cope economically and make the same profit margins, as prices of raw ingredients have all gone up. Got to go now and check on her won ton business.

1 comment:

fong said...

Oh dear, the wonton store is extremely good, and it is one of Sam's top two favorites in Singapore. (The other being kopi-c.) Can you learn how to make the stock from auntie before it's too late?