Thursday, June 19, 2008

Acne Bloos.

Today I went to Holland Village to visit Dr Low at Sloane Clinic. Just got back from Holland now go to Holland V, like very Gian.

The doctor is gorgeous! She is a walking endorsement of her aesthetics products, and she talks very very fast. I surveyed her patients, they are all like me, drabby normal people. Not the doctor, she was wearing a skirt which is pencil-style, but made of some shiny soft material, a crisp white shirt, topped off with a huge gem ring and a bracelet made of strings of jade pearls (I think). Very well put together. I could observe her entire wardrobe as her consultation desk is made of glass. I bet alot of her patients harbour secret dreams of looking like her, glamourous and gorgeous. But let's go back to my problem.

I have an uncontrollable permanent hormonal-based acne problem which occurs when I have stress, when the weather gets a little hot, when I sleep irregular hours, or any other reason my body system can latch on. For this visit, I was prescribed topical treatment which are acne preventive medication, and after, when the situation is under control, I was recommended to go for chemical peels or microdermabrasion. Nothing too abrasive. I liked her, she was upfront and told me she could do nothing much for my hereditary eye rings problems. Stuck with them for life.

After the consultation was over, her nurse brought me to another room where they cleaned my face and took shots of my face from three angles, which was fed into a laptop. The nurse then pressed a button and my face shot came out. Then another b/w shot came up. The second shot was horrendous! All the marks, wrinkles were all accentuated, and pores enlarged on the face. The computer program has projected pimples on the Entire surface area of my face, I kid you not. The nurse explained that if I don't treat my face, I'm going to look like that in five years. BullShit!!!!

I understand it's her job to encourage patients to take on skin care packages, but it's hard to keep a straight face as she proceeded to point out every flaw and make a big deal out of every single one of them. "Wah look at your eye wrinkles! And look at your enlarged pores, they will get even bigger, you know. You have oily skin..." I tried to remain as polite as I can, asked her to read the doctor's diagnosis on my skin, explain that it's already done by the former and please don't give me conflicting advice, refused to sign on packages, and paid for my products and left.

Let's say the amount I blew on my consultation and medication is not a small amount, but as a friend assured me that positive results would follow, it would be all worth it. Because You're Worth It!

I walked past the Holland V hawker centre on my way back to the car, and visited my current FAVOURite tee shirt store. Yay! the deal is still on. First tee at $18, second tee at 50% off. I selected two designs and asked the SA for size, and he told me with a straight and earnest face that there is only one size, but not to worry, these are Magic Tees which will fit any person of any size. Rrrright. I laughed because I did find it ludicrous, but honestly, do I have a gullible face today or what, everyone is trying to smoke me. But still, I bought the shirts and we chatted about incoming fall season colours. Violet is going to be hot, and they are also bringing in Violet tees, due to arrive tomorrow. Too bad, new stock should have arrived today for me, a deep purple tee sounds cute though.

I left with two tees (a green & a dark blue) in my bag and had a YaKun black coffee in the car while the air condition cooled the car to a decent temperature before I head back to the east.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think drabby normal doesn't describe you.

fong said...

The nurse sounds evil.

Redheels said...

Thank u sEye, but you have to be there, the doc really really looks good. She has Presence.

And Fong, you're right. She is evil, like the evil fish.