Sunday, October 5, 2008

Swept off my feet by puddle.

After a satisfying meal of won ton noodles, I crossed Lucky Plaza on my way to Takashimaya, and then it happened. I fell on my butt. People around me gasped, and a crowd gathered, and when all realised I wasn't bleeding or had broken any parts, they tsked about the water on the floor being the cause of my fall, and wondered off. NO ONE offered to help me up.

I was slightly embarrassed, but more than anything I was in pain for a while and almost wanted to cry. But kept reminding myself to think positive (it could have been worse), and that I'm not 5 anymore, so shouldn't cry. I reminded the owner of shop closest to the accident scene to ask mall management to mop up the water, and she gave me this LOOK like I'm asking for the sky. Then I told her if an old lady fell down instead and hurt herself badly, the shop and mall can be sued, just to frighten her abit into action. I think it worked.

1 comment:

fong said...

Alamak, why nobody help you up?!