Saturday, October 25, 2008

Deepavali Spa

I'm so glad we are a multi-racial society, and that Deepavali is celebrated! Horray!!!!!

Went to House for a massage session. The recep explained that I will lie on the bed, and the therapist will stand on the bed, and hold on to a hanging rope, and use her feet to massage my back. That sounds interesting, I thought. But before that, she will stretch my body/muscles in various yoga positions. Great! that's like benefiting from Yoga but without doing the workout yourself. Lazy yoga... and the session was very good. I did panic at various points though:
1) I agreed to having someone step all over me, but it was ok when I met my therapist, and realized she was skinnier and probably way lighter (i.e. 25kgs) than me, so she probably won't damage my internal organs.
2) During the yoga session, she was seriously contorting my body and I experienced PAIN.

After all that, I had a hot ginger tea in a very restful nonSingapore looking area.
Reminds me of US (crate and barrel shabby chic "country look") Indiana.


Then I had a freshly baked strawberry shortcake, and a pineapple-cucumber juice out in the sun. This was backdrop.
While chilling out, my boss sent me a SMS and asked for a report. Sigh... I explained that I was at a spa, and he agreed to extend deadline till tomorrow.

I am so drowsy as I'm typing all this out. I will have a very good sleep tonight.

1 comment:

fong said...

I agree the scenes don't look very Singaporean. The jungle backdrop is beautiful.