Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pimples and the spa owner.

My pimples are in full bloom.
And they operate in gangs and form little territories on their landscape, which will be my face.

I attended a meeting recently, where all the spa owners attended. I wondered if any would comment on my face.
One did. After the meeting was over and we engaged in small talk in the corridor, she leaned over to me and said, if you don't mind me saying, I think you're suffering from a breakout because of your hormones. All you need to do is drink lots of water, flavored with a little bit of lemon, to flush out toxics in your system, and eat chap chai pheng instead of fried stuff. You'll be alright very shortly. No need to do facials. And no coffee hor.

A friend remarked that she would be offended if someone talked to her like that. I wasn't offended, the spa owner did it in a very non-offensive, sharing, maternal manner. I thanked her, and then looked for water to drink after.

1 comment:

fong said...

Oh I wouldn't be offended if someone told me that too. Isn't she basically telling you, you're HEATY, hahah.