Friday, September 12, 2008

J'aime beaucoup Paris!

I'm in the City of Lights! And when I practise my French on people here, they understand! But unfortunately I don't understand them when they speak. And they think I can understand because I initiated the conversation but I really don't, so I ended up nodding my head trying to look frenchly intelligent but it's just not happening! So to make the locals more comfortable, I speak English with a French accent.

The French (or Parisiens)are horribly misunderstood. All the people I met were very nice people. And not just the people who were trying to sell me things. And there are less dog crap on the streets too. Today I performed the ultimate service test -Wore flip flops to Galaries Lafayette and Printemps because it was raining and I didn't want to spoil my good shoes, and the service was still as good. Maybe the service staff just think I'm bohemian like Nicole Richie and I'm actually, secretly, very very heiress-rich.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm glad I went on this trip - what a great learning experience! More pics when I get back home.

2 comments:

fong said...

I was so happy all week thinking about how you were in Paris :)

Jane Doe said...

Hi! It was a good trip overall, I'm trying to catch up on work now, jetlag is disgusting! I feel like I'm astroprojecting at work... just went for a seminar today, there were so many acronyms thrown around and I totally didn't understand! I hate acronyms.