Friday, May 23, 2008

What are the slightly less evil food?

Sometimes we make food choices that seem so bad, but are they really? Ask yourself, which is less sinful?

Evil Versus Evil Food Quiz
1. Unsalted butter or Peanut Butter?
2. Berry Jam or Kaya?
3. Tiramisu or Brownie?
4. har gao or Siew Mai?
5. Mayo or Tartar sauce?
6. Sweetened popcorn or kacang puteh?
7. Char Kway Teow or Fried Carrot Cake?

And Lastly,
Nasi Lemak or Chicken Rice?

Answers: Peanut butter, Kaya, Tiramisu, Har Gao, Kacang Puteh, Char Kway Teow & Chicken Rice.

And so irritating, how come the article didn't cover Mee Pok Tah?
Source: Simply Her, March 2008 issue

Edit: I missed out answer to Q.5, it's Mayo.

2 comments:

fong said...

Hmm, I guessed wrong on half of them. My less sinful guesses were:
1) Unsalted butter (cus isn't peanut butter made of butter + peanut + salt? And so it has the added harm of salt?)
2) Berry jam
3) Tiramisu
4) Har gao (but only because I distrust slightly the egg flour skin used for siew mai. Otherwise it's just steamed prawn or steamed fatty pork. Not very evil either way)
5) Tartar sauce (how come no answer from you)
6) Kacang puteh
7) Carrot cake (Kway teow is really gross)
8) Chicken rice (Nasi lemak is evil. That much I know.)

I would guess that in terms of sinfulness, mee pok tak is less than chicken rice. Though sometimes I eat mee pok tak with the crispy lard bits so I guess that's quite bad too.

Redheels said...

Me too, I guessed alot wrongly, so I thought it'll be good to blog on it. I forgot exactly why, but I think peanut butter is slightly better because it has more fiber and nutrients.
Are you SURE steamed FATTY pork is not evil?