Sunday, May 11, 2008

Maybe I just don't mix well with Crystal rings.

I’ve had it with Crystal rings, really. I loved Chunky Crystal rings until about two weeks ago.

I went out with some friends to East Coast Park to have drinks, and was high when I got home. With a lot of care, I removed my glacier ring, and placed it on the dresser.

Then, the next day, the sober me carelessly swept my hand across the dresser and the ring flew and smashed nicely on the floor - nicely, because the ring didn’t, to add insult to injury, disintegrate into teeny glass pieces and further bloody me when I walk on them. So that’s crystal ring number 1.

Ugly smashed side:


Side not smashed:


Ring number two. I cleaned up my study area and found my Lalique ring which I then left on the bed and went off for tea. When I came back, the ring was not where I left it. I knew it! The Hitler cat was just pretending to be sleeping behind the TV console, and the minute I’m gone, he sprang out to play footsie with the ring.
I found the ring on the floor about 10 metres away. It was still in one piece, didn't smash nicely or have a single scratch. Panic died down. But honestly, my heart and purse cannot withstand this kind of shock on a regular basis. I’m keeping the tango ring, crystal ring number three under lock now. After all this, I’m going to stick to non-breakable metal rings.

No comments: