Sunday, May 11, 2008

Bougainvillea Showdown.

West coast (cali) vs East coast (siglap).

We have a bougie that has gorgeous flower petals that change from an ivory white to blushing pink as the weather heats up. You can often find the mother and I standing outside the gates admiring the plant loudly.
We’re not biased when it comes to the plant, I have proof - We have a neighbour who is not dumb (I mean as in handicapped, not IQ impaired), who doesn’t speak to us, and so probably he doesn’t like us very much, right? But, I would catch him taking pictures of the plant.

One day, we decided that our bougie plant would beat hands down my sis’ huge bougie plant in her back garden, and of course, we told her.

Having a rather competitive spirit, she didn’t back down, and decided to show us her bougie plant on her blog, with Sam standing next to it (who kind of became an accidental scaling device) so we figured yessss…..her bougie is way bigger than ours.

But did we concede defeat? My sis’ competitive spirit definitely came from the mother (she imparted competitive + sore loser spirit, the latter, I also inherited), who retorted, yes, her plant is bigger because it came with their house and they didn’t grow it from a seedling, and anyway, we win because our flowers are prettier.

I think this could go on forever, or at least until one of the bougies passes away.

1 comment:

fong said...

Hmm, yes yours is a lighter pink, a gentler plant. Seems quite nice, though I would need more photos to decide for sure. Sam was in my picture entirely for scaling purposes. It was not an accident!