Friday, February 22, 2008

Pierre Hardy

While waiting for the lights to change at the Siglap junction, I queried the Mother on if we should buy the US Vogue March Issue, and she said, why yes, it’s really value for money. They have the thickest issues for March and September. Spot on!

A pair of heels totally bowled me over – by Pierre Hardy- It was in one of Nordstrom pretty ad illustrations, and also in the fashion spread.

Mr. Hardy designed shoes for the fashion biggies like Hermes, and now he’s started his own shop at Rue de Valois in Paris at the Jardin du Palais Royal.

I remembered that Rue. I was tired, it was after work (as blur foreign intern) in the evening, and I was lost, on that specific Rue, desperately looking for the elusive English bookstore, all in a light drizzle. I was hungry, miserable and damp. I found that bookstore eventually and was glad. All that French was really getting to me, since I didn't understood 98% of it. I found a neat Berkely Paris guide book in English and was lost no more.

So, back to Pierre Hardy – the specific heels I was talking about:


I will be almost six ft in these heels, and my friends, seven.

Image from his official website.

//Update: Ooh I blogged about these crazy shoes a while back ago, well, Mr Hardy designed them for Balenciaga too!


//More update: He designed a small shoe collection for GAP Europe for Fall 07. Now, Jit F, quick quick go see if his shoes are available at Gap USA please. See below one design from Elle UK website.

1 comment:

fong said...

The shoes are masochistic. Why kill yourself to wear shoes like that?!

I didn't even know that Gap sells proper shoes ... I've seen flip flops and rain boots, that's about it.