Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Next time, rest and have a coconut.

My regular badminton kaki has gone skiing, so I decided to take a hike (heh). I left the house with 10 dollars in my pocket for a coconut, or in case I get really tired, I could flag down a taxi. No watch.

So I walked until my toes ached, and decided to head back home. I decided for greater efficiency, I shall clench my hands and swing them a little for momentum. I hopelessly wished that perhaps my waist could slim a bit more from this.
Strangely, I could not clench my fist with ease. My fingers seemed swollen, and the joints ached. I didn’t really panic, but was getting curious and irritated. I feel like I’m wearing someone else’s hands.
I continue clenching and unclenching both fists until I got home. Told the parent, who declared I shall visit the doctor the next day to find out cause. Then I looked at the giant clock in the living room …wow I’m self-impressed… I have fast-walked for 90 minutes non-stop!
I decided it’s cheaper to google instead of visiting the GP, and found out that I was getting dehydrated, something about the sodium level. If I continued, my ankle joints would follow the way of my fists. This happens on occasions to marathoners who are training. I should not over-exert myself and walk no longer than an hour (heh), and should have had the coconut.

My hands feel better now, two hours after the jog, or I wouldn’t be able to type this blog.
I’m glad the fingers are no longer stumpy.

2 comments:

fong said...

Good job walking for 90 minutes! That's quite long indeed.

Dunno about the dehydration part ... try drinking more water before you go next time.

Beeszlee said...

You silly girl! Whoever walks until she has stumpy fingers?