Friday, November 2, 2007

Marni is not Armani


These Italian brands all sound alike.

I decided I better channel Marni’s style for now. I have recently put on weight and wearing clothes similar to Marni’s designs (u may be pregnant, u may be not) will allow me to hide the extra bits and momchalently pretend to World that everything’s still the same while I try to meanwhile lose them. I don’t really know how’s that going to happen, since I don’t believe in diets and exercising. Hopefully, the extra weight will just evaporate on its own. The cute little tummy is not so cute or little anymore.

Marni Spring'08:

Proportion and construction of the clothes are pretty unconventional, and the accessories look abit art deco lego, cute cute cute. And see the hortizontal slit in the front part of shoe? When you wear patent leather cover-up shoes, that's the area which will crease and make your shoes look very untidy/worn out, so the designer simply remove that part of leather, smart smart smart.

HONORARY MENTION
Meanwhile, Karen C wants an honorary mention for helping me lug 15 pounds of senior dog food from Parkway Parade to car. BIG Thank You! Next time help me again, ok?

2 comments:

fong said...

I'm now reading an interesting book called "Deluxe: How Luxury Lost its Luster," by Dana Thomas. It's a nonfiction book about how the luxury retail business became corporatized and the companies now focus on building their image and making big profits on accessories sold to the masses, instead of providing truly luxurious products and service for the elite. It's very interesting, and while it's a bit repetitive, I'm enjoying reading all the history behind the different fashion houses like Louis Vuitton and Armani. Highly recommend to you!

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING Marni...esp the stuff you put on the site.. wish it wasnt so bloody expensive. But u know, can actually find some not so expensive overruns or copes in China...let me know when you next come up, I bring you! haha