Sunday, November 11, 2007

1. Trivial Info that hopefully would not turn Useful one day 2. TV is my School

There is an article in The Sunday Times today on missing persons.

When you think someone is lost, you don't have to wait a minimum time period before lodging a missing persons police report – it can be done as long as a missing person’s close ones feel that they need police assistance in finding the lost one.

Haiya...all along, I thought you need to wait 24 hours prior to making a missing persons police report. I think I got such misleading info from Hong Kong TV shows, and subconsciously think it applies to Singapore. Anyway I hope I would never ever need to file such a report, though I had in the past, filed a lot of missing bus passes, wallets and I/C reports before, and come to think of it, there was no minimum waiting period as well.

In general, I absorb a lot of facts from TV shows…such as House, blah blah and heh heh, even Miami Ink, so I hope the info from these shows was at least remotely accurate. I’m not including CSI because though the series is entertaining, the technologies they use on the show are obviously far-fetched!

Below: A very entertaining Hong Kong TVB Police-Forensics show. Forensics techniques featured were much more realistic. I'm pretty sure the 24-hour rule was mentioned in this show as well. Anyway... Long Live Channel 55!

No comments: