Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Magic Technology

I'm in awe of... I might be signing up on a mobile broadband plan soon. Quite exciting! Technology has advanced to a stage where an IT ignorant can tread without fear anymore. Just plug in a dongle (in early 2000s' thumb drive size) and off you go. Surf from any part of Singapore. There's no need for passwords or software installation. NO more messy wires. Sounds Disney Magical, like Dumbo's ears.

Endless opportunities abound... I can now surf on the beach (I will worry about sand getting into laptop later), in a garden surrounded by lush greenery, by a pool (when I find one), until the laptop runs out of power or when it pours.

Hmm, I can't decide though on whether this is considered a lifestyle upgrade? Maybe IT lifestyle upgrade.

No comments: