Thursday, March 6, 2008

I like this 1976 Song

American Idol is funny this season. Paula Abdul is kookier than usual. For instance, Ryan Seacrest asked her to describe, I think, the night’s performances by the boys in ONE word, and she said she’ll use two words: Pheno-menal. Huh?

Last week, Carly Smithson from American Idol belted out “Crazy On you” which made her totally breathless after for quite a few minutes. What a nice dramatic rock old song by Heart! So I googled and…it’s a song from 1976 [ok it's my birth year]!

Not just the song, the hairstyles of Heart members are also relevant today. Love the 70s vibe. Songs from that era just seem more sweet and so evergreen.

Other 1976 songs that we still hear on our local radio stations: Don’t go breaking my heart, Play that Funky music, Love Rollercoaster, Baby I love your way, You sexy thing, Bohemian Rhapsody, Dec 1963 (Oh What a Night).

I like tremendously You're So Vain by Carly Simon but it doesn't count in this blog, as it's from the year 1973, but it does deserve a honorary mention anyway.

1 comment:

fong said...

I can't believe you watch American Idol. I hate that show.

Speaking of Queen, did you know that Freddie Mercury was Indian! Check out his wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury