Monday, September 17, 2007

Let's love our bods!

I’m very into loose fluffy comfy cotton or linen tops. I hopefully think they make me look ethereal, but the truth is, ethereal bag lady is more like it.

I went to FCUK and tried on this full-of-etheral potential top that looked cute on the hanger. Wah, if I ever want to look heroin-skinny-anorexic ...this top is IT!

I’ve not had this problem for a while. I was very skinny growing up. Skinny brings a whole different set of problems.

You can’t fit into clothes 70% of the time, and when you do, you look like a crap cheapo hanger. People always joke (this is bad joke, not funny at all) about how you have to grab on to lamp posts just in case the strong gale of wind sweeps you away. You also can't stop wondering why you’re not growing fast enough and if you’re going to be SHORT for the rest of your life (no more wondering).

I now do grow, but sideways only. But the good thing is that it’s easier to wear stuff. I was very happy when I went shopping in Bangkok and realized I was considered medium-size.

What’s the point of this blog? I forgot. It’s Monday morning (2 a.m.) and I’m getting tired. I shall sum it up as we should not take our body shapes for granted – it could be much worse. We could be in the best shapes of our lives now. Love your tummy bulge and rub it lovingly now.

No comments: