Tuesday, September 11, 2007

IT Milestone.

Oh, I have finally joined Facebook! This is my 2nd major IT achievement for the year.
The first one was starting a blog (this one). I skipped the Friendster revolution.

Facebook lessons so far:

*The girls will attach cute, or he-ow profile pictures.
The guys (or at least those I know) don’t really give a damn and look remarkably identical... like curvy question marks.

*I do feel very exposed out there.
I feel my Friends are Exposed out there too, same for Strangers. Paranoia, there are definitely potential weirdos tracking our messy spider webs of friendship. Terminate account soon.

* Long lost friends can be found.
I had located 4*100m relay teammates, a girl who used to help me skip morning assemblies without fail, someone I traveled to Paris with as a blur bank intern, a friend who gave me my very first Neil Gaiman novel.

The winner of long lost friends catergory, however, belongs to YahLeng: In 2000, I visited NYC and stayed with a friend’s friend’s sister, YahLeng. She found me on my third Facebook day. Wow!

* My friends are very mature people.
I had been throwing SO MANY sheep, cows and chickens at people, but hardly anyone threw one back at me. They don’t play. Or they didn’t want to play with me. : (

*Except for May, no one else fed me.
I had to survive solely on her virtual peppermint candy for the past three days. I did not consume the other candy given by a stranger, my parents had taught me better than that.
I must be virtually anorexic and starving to virtual death by now. I had to DIY to turn myself into a virtual vampire, no one helped. Oh! The indignity.

2 comments:

fong said...

You are indeed Facebook crazy. I get so many e-mail notifications that you have thrown sheep/cow/chicken/candy/vampires at me!

Redheels said...

hahahaha!!