Sunday, September 30, 2007

BBQ is fun, and truth from facebook

This week has been a hell week for me. Work and lack of sufficient sleep made me overall grouchy. However, it ended with a smashing BBQ at Bayshore. Alcohol, music, meat, clams, mushrooms, nicely grilled buttered corn, grilled bread with avocado mix homemade spread, and Otah. My dear friends who did the grocery shopping while I shamelessly napped at home also bought my favorite beer of the moment-ASAHI. Thank you.

Weird sign at BBQ pit, huh?


Of course it was harder to complete work on time with Facebook to distract.
After facebooking, I realized I really should make an effort to keep in touch with people.

A Gu Wah Zai friend obsessed with cigars had ended up in Philly. He cursed Indiana weather repeatedly when we were in school, so why he is there now is a mystery I will attempt to solve soon. Another friend who traveled all over the States with me in a van got married three months ago; and yet another is a proud father of a six-month-old cutie son!
I seriously suck as a friend at times, but I shall endeavor to be a better one.

3 comments:

fong said...

Greetings from Shanghai!

I also found a few old friends in Facebook, but I'm not as excited about finding out what they've been up to as you. I'm curious, but sometimes it's hard to keep up friendships when you're no longer living close to each other.

Anyway, I'm leaving Shanghai tomorrow (Tuesday), so I'll see you tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

time to change phone.. camera does no justice to the BBQ scene

Redheels said...

anonymous... don't think I don't know who you are... next time I'm keeping your phone FOR GOOD.