Thursday, October 18, 2007

research and library visit

I am currently working on an Internet research project and of course the work is incomplete yet. In keeping up with the spirit of procrastination, I decided to blog. I had earlier decided to highlight my hair, which will help me waste one whole afternoon away at one go, unfortunately, my hairdresser didn’t pick up the phone as the salon was too busy.

Not much is happening right now, it might rain tonight, I think. I was supposed to meet friends for drinks tonight (another procrastination effort), but since no one has called, the old-people party may have been cancelled.

Maybe change subject before you switch to another blog…I went to the NLB yesterday.
The National Library is really a nice building; comfortable, neutral shades used and even the toilet was nice. I was thinking of posting a photo of the toilet, but was afraid someone may think I’m a pervert for taking pictures in toilets and haul me up to security, so sorry people, no library toilet picture.

The librarian who assisted me fit the image of a librarian vampire – pale-white, bloodless looking, expressionless, and in fact even looked a bit androgynous. I lost my thoughts for a while when I approached the counter, but he sure was a helpful one. Gave very clear directions.

Anyway, I’m a little excited. I am invited to an acquaintance’s place for Hari Raya Makan this Saturday. Finally! It’s very pathetic that I have not gone Hari Raya visiting before, as I do not have close Malay or Muslim friends. I shall be nicer to my next door Malay family neighbour so maybe next year they will invite my family over. I shall start waving hello harder starting from tomorrow.
Meanwhile I should return to my research work. Haiiiyaaaaa.

1 comment:

fong said...

I wish you took a picture of the library toilet.