Friday, May 25, 2007

Sharp Objects



Today, The Straits Times reported that Civil Servants are encouraged to read FICTION books to improve their sense of empathy. So, just wondering if they would enjoy this book "Sharp Objects".

It's a debut effort by Gillian Flynn whose credentials included being the chief TV critic at Entertainment Weekly...so you would think the book would be flaky right? I was very wrong. The book is pure psycho and I loved it to death. After reading the book, fear and a sense of disturbance just slowly creep in and give you a general sense of unease and subsequently, two nights of insomnia. Very good, pure immersion, even Stephan King liked it. However, I think I got carried away on describing how mental the book was, because none of my friends were keen to borrow it. Most said they were pretty stressed up on a daily basis already, and did not need this addition. But, this could be one of the best books I've read recently, frankly speaking.

So without giving anything away, the story is about Chicago reporter Camille Preaker.

I will perservere and continue recommending this book to friends and family.

No comments: